Responsibilities of the Client Liaison/ Discharge Nurse will include, but are not limited to, providing support to our CCVS Veterinarians, act as a liaison to our referral Hospitals and Veterinarians, providing excellent customer service in a polite and timely manner, able to answer multiple phone lines, handle stressful and emotional situations, scheduling appointments, invoicing clients and processing payments. Building a strong rapport with referral Veterinarians and clients is essential to this position. The Client Liason/Discharge Nurse should consistently contribute to a spirit of pride and excitement in that each employee is part of a team practicing excellent medicine with a high standard of patient, client, and referring veterinarian care.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of at least 2 years in customer service preferably in a veterinary hospital setting.
- Professional, pleasant, engaged, clear communicator who is attentive and respectful to referring veterinarians, clients, and co-workers.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks, be confident, and prioritize tasks appropriately and efficiently.
- Individuals must be able to anticipate and pay close attention to details.
●Fluent in hospital operations including telephone operations, services and fees, estimates, patient care, specialty services, and general hospital flow.
- Computer experience (Excel, Word) and operation of office equipment such as, fax machine, copy machine, credit card and check terminal, and postage meter.
- Related veterinary software and Care Credit knowledge preferred.
- Must possess basic math skills to determine proper deposits and process payments.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and work on feet most of the day.
- DVMAX experience a plus