Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists (CCVS) is a growing specialty and emergency, critical care hospital with locations in Bourne and Dennis, Massachusetts. We are seeking an Emergency Critical Care Nursing Department Head to join our team.
Responsibilities of the ECC Nursing Manager include but are not limited to; oversight and direct training of ECC technicians, direct and supervise all staff to ensure that all medical and non medical procedures are followed correctly, assign and oversee ECC technicians to assist in shift to shift, day to day management of the floor and work as a team with other Department Heads to develop and execute hospital wide training program(s).
All staff members at CCVS work some weekend and holiday shifts, as well as paid on call shifts. Benefits include competitive wages, paid vacations and holidays, health, vision and dental insurance, short term disability insurance, Simple IRA, a pet discount policy which includes coverage through veterinary insurance, a generous continuing education program and scrubs.
- Experienced technicians with strong leadership skills, preference to those candidates with current CVT and or VTS.
- At least five years of veterinary hospital experience, ideally in an emergency and critical care facility.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2yrs experience in a leadership role.
- Candidate must be fluent in general hospital operations: telephone operations, service and fees, estimates, patient care, specialty services, and general hospital flow.
- To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in working with us please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to this email.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Supervisory: 3 years