Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists (CCVS) is a 24/7 hospital that practices a high standard of care in a compassionate and engaging environment. We are a growing specialty and emergency, critical care hospital with locations in Bourne and Dennis, Massachusetts. We are looking for a full-time Nurse Veterinary Technician Training Coordinator to join our team.
Responsibilities of the Training Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Active participant with on the floor training
- An enthusiastic approach to training new team members with all levels of experience
- A strong drive to bring individuals new to the field the level of knowledge they need to be an effective team member in a minimal amount of time.
- Develop the structure and help accomplish training goals for the individual team member.
- Communicate effectively on a consistent basis with Department Heads on the individual training needs of their team members.
- Schedule and coordinate Technician CEs both on and off site.
- Ability to break down skills and communicate clearly in both written and verbal format (develop comprehensive protocols that are easy to understand and execute by team members).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an emergency/specialty facility. Preference to those candidates that hold a current certification in a specialty.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and handle multiple tasks.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All team members at CCVS work some weekend and holiday shifts, as well as paid on call shifts. Benefits include competitive wages, paid vacations and holidays, health, vision and dental insurance, short term disability insurance, scrubs, a pet discount policy which includes coverage through veterinary insurance, and a continuing education program.
If you are interested in applying please submit a resume and letter of interest telling us how you are a fit for our position to this job posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Emergency/Specialty Facility: 7 years