Emergency Room Diversion Process at Cape Cod Vet Specialists
Due to the unprecedented volume of patients, space limitations, and a nationwide veterinary staffing shortage, Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists Emergency Services in Buzzards Bay and Dennis will at times be diverting new emergency cases to other emergency or urgent care facilities with the exception of patients experiencing potentially life-threatening emergencies.
We urge clients to call 508-759-5125 before visiting our CCVS-Buzzards Bay emergency room or 508-398-7575 for CCVS-Dennis to confirm that we are not on diversion status. For alternate veterinary emergency care options, please call the hospitals listed below to ask if they are accepting emergency cases.
We are working diligently on hiring and training staff and spatial reconfigurations to allow us to limit diversion as much as possible going forward. Our dedicated & passionate staff continues to work to care for the sick and injured pets in our community.
Alternative Veterinary Emergency Rooms
Vet Urgent Care Center (Plymouth)
Hours: Mon-Fri: 10 AM-2 PM & 3 PM-10PM; Sat/Sun: 11 AM-6 PM
VCA South Shore Weymouth (Weymouth)
NEAMC (W. Bridgewater)
Bay State Vet Emergency Services (Swansea)
Mass RI Vet (Swansea)
Hours: Sun-Sat: 8 AM-10 PM
Blue Pearl Pet Hospital (Boston)
Angell Animal Medical Center (Boston)
Tufts Veterinary Emergency Services (Walpole)
Blue Pearl (Waltham)
Ocean State Vet Specialists (Greenwich, RI)
Boston West Vet (Natick)
Mass Vet Referral (Woburn)
Tufts North Grafton (North Grafton)
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 AM-5 PM
When your pet visits us for a surgery, they will always receive:
- 24-hour care, including monitoring of vital signs (heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature), diet, intake, and elimination
- 24-hour monitoring during recovery by our highly-skilled board-certified emergency and critical care specialists and their teams
- Pain medications and antibiotics are precisely administered following your surgeon’s instructions
- Clean, comfortable bedding and compassionate personal attention to your pet’s physical comfort and emotional well-being throughout their entire stay
- Regular updates for you and your primary care veterinarian
We have two convenient locations.
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists is open for emergencies. We also proudly offer premier specialty veterinary care for your pet in close partnership with your referring veterinarian. Our specialists are board-certified in emergency & critical care, surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, and ophthalmology. Our hours are:
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
(For specialty appointments. Lobby is open to pick-up medication refills, schedule appointments, and answer any questions)
Fri 5:00pm - Mon 7:00am: 24/hr Emergency Services