Just like people, animals can also suffer from eye complications that affect their day to day life. These conditions can include cataracts, glaucoma, uveitis, tumors of the eye, eyelid defects, dry eye, retinal degeneration, and corneal ulcers. Our veterinary ophthalmologist here at Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists can provide pets with nearly all of the medical and surgical eye care that is available for humans, while making sure they are comfortable and treated with the utmost care and compassion.
Our ophthalmology services and care options include:
- Tonometry (Tonopen)
- Nasolacrimal Flush
- Schirmer Tear Testing
- Slit Lamp Examination (Biomicroscopy)
- Indirect and Direct Retinal Examination
- Conjuntival Scrapes and Biopsies
- Aqueous Centesis/Vitreous Centesis
- Ultrasound (Eye and Orbit)
- CERF (Canine Eye Registration Foundation) Examination
- GDC (Institutes for Genetic Disease Control) Examination
Ophthalmology services are available in our Dennis hospital.
We have two convenient locations.
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies. We also proudly offer premiere specialty veterinary care for your pet in close partnership with your referring veterinarian. Our specialists are board-certified in emergency & critical care, surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, and ophthalmology.