Unparalleled surgical expertise for your pet.
If your primary care veterinarian advises surgery for your pet, a board-certified (link “board certified” to board certified specialists page) veterinary surgical specialist is one of the best options you have. The surgeons here at Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists are all board-certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons. This is an important designation that means our specialists have at least 4 years of advanced and extremely competitive residency training beyond veterinary school and have passed rigorous examinations by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons. The board-certification process ensures consistency in training and adherence to the highest standards in veterinary surgery.
Our surgeons have performed most veterinary surgical procedures hundreds or even thousands of times. Their advanced training and experience are the keys to a predictable outcome for your pet’s surgical care.
Services Our Surgery Specialists Offer
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery
- Fracture repair, especially treatment of severe or complicated fractures of the limbs, spine and pelvis
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of lameness
- Knee injuries, meniscus repairs and cranial cruciate ligament repairs using TPLO (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy) and TTA (tibial tuberosity advancement) procedures
- Joint cartilage surface injuries in the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle.
- Correction of hereditary limb abnormalities, including luxating patella, angular limb deformities and growth plate injuries
- Surgical care and management of hip dysplasia in both younger and older dogs
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Oncologic Surgery
- Reconstructive Procedures for the Skin
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Respiratory Surgery
- Urogenital Repair
- Hernia Repair
- Endocrine Surgery
Surgical Services Include
- 24-hour care, including monitoring of vital signs (heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature), diet, intake, and eliminations.
- Close monitoring 24/7 during recovery by our highly-skilled board certified emergency critical care specialists and their teams– pain medications and antibiotics are precisely administered following your surgeon’s instructions.
- Clean bedding and caring personal attention to your pet’s physical comfort and emotional well-being throughout their entire stay.
- Regular updates for you and your regular veterinarian.
Learn more about board-certified specialists, like the ones you’ll meet here at CCVS.