With decades of combined experience, the surgery team at Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists boasts some of the most well-known and accomplished veterinary surgery specialists in the region. All of our surgeons are board-certified or residency-trained, ensuring that their standards and level of medicine are the highest in veterinary surgery.
If your pet’s primary care veterinarian advises surgery, a board-certified surgical specialist is one of the best options you have. Here at Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists, our surgery specialists have performed most veterinary surgical procedures hundreds or even thousands of times. This advanced training and experience are the keys to a successful outcome for your pet’s surgical care.
Our Surgery Department Offers Expert Care in:
- Minimally Invasive Arthroscopic Surgery
- Fracture Repair, Especially Treatment of Severe or Complicated Fractures of the Limbs, Jaw, and Pelvis
- Diagnosis and Surgical Treatment of Lameness
- Knee Injuries, Meniscus Repairs, and Cranial Cruciate Ligament Repairs using TTA (Tibial Tuberosity Advancement) and TPLO (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy) procedures
- Joint Cartilage Surface Injuries in the Shoulder, Elbow, Knee, and Ankle
Correction of Hereditary Limb
- Surgical Care and Management of Hip Dysplasia in both Younger and Older Dogs
- Abnormalities including:
- Luxating Patella
- Angular Limb Deformities
- Growth Plate Injuries
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Oncologic Surgery
- Reconstructive Procedures for the Skin
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Respiratory Surgery
- Urogenital Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
When your pet visits us for a surgery, they will always receive:
- 24-hour care, including monitoring of vital signs (heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature), diet, intake, and elimination
- 24-hour monitoring during recovery by our highly-skilled board-certified emergency and critical care specialists and their teams
- Pain medications and antibiotics are precisely administered following your surgeon’s instructions
- Clean, comfortable bedding and compassionate personal attention to your pet’s physical comfort and emotional well-being throughout their entire stay
- Regular updates for you and your primary care veterinarian
We have two convenient locations.
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists is open for emergencies. We also proudly offer premier specialty veterinary care for your pet in close partnership with your referring veterinarian. Our specialists are board-certified in emergency & critical care, surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, and ophthalmology. Our hours are:
Friday 5pm through Monday 5pm : Emergency Services
Monday - Friday: Temporary Limited Lobby Hours.
Please call ahead for medication refills, to schedule appointments, and with any questions. Specialty appointments continue as usual.