The lead client liaison is responsible for managing the client liaison department and is the ‘glue’ of the practice. This essential role is the mediator between the referring veterinarian, treating veterinarian and client. Communication and compassion is vital to this role. Our mission is to not only take care of our patients, but their owners, and their family veterinarian; therefore veterinary terminology and knowledge is required, and emergency and critical care experience preferred. Previous management experience is also required for this role.
In addition to giving patient updates, the liaison is responsible for entering charges for services provided for in patients, obtaining deposits and giving daily financial updates to clients. This role also includes multi tasking, answering pages and phone calls and handling emotional situations.
Lastly, the liaison is responsible for patient discharges. Veterinary knowledge and mathematical skills are required. This includes client education, follow up information and at-home care.
As lead client liaison, duties include:
- Overseeing other client liaisons within this role.
- Scheduling to ensure coverage at all times, and approving PTO requests.
- Training, and performing performance reviews of client liaisons within the department.
- Promote and follow policies and protocols to promote fairness within the hospital while maintaining mutual and respectful working relationships.
- Provide quality control for missed charges and over charges.
This position is composed of three 12 hour shifts. It is a full time position with some weekend coverage at our Buzzards Bay location.