As the only emergency & specialty referral hospital serving Cape Cod and the Islands, Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists continues to grow to keep up with the needs of our community.
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced veterinary professionals to join our team who welcome the challenge of meeting the highest standards for quality and performance, posses a friendly, positive and team player attitude, and who want a career in a practice that supports and rewards your growth. Since we are a 24/7 emergency hospital, weekend and holiday shifts are required. Some positions will require working in both our Buzzards Bay and our Dennis locations.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists offers competitive wages and benefits package that includes:
- Choice of four Health Insurance Plans through United Healthcare
- Option for Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- United Healthcare Dental Insurance; two options; 100% paid for Employee
- United Healthcare Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance available
- Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; option to purchase more for employee and family
- PTO / Holidays
- Pet Discounts and Trupanion Pet Insurance
- Generous Continuing Education Program
- MA/DEA License reimbursement / AVMA / MVMA dues and PLIT reimbursement / VIN allowance/ Specialty dues
- Veterinary Social Worker – Can assist with ways to help manage stress, combat compassion fatigue, find more work/life balance or help with conflict resolution
Please Note: Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test before beginning work after receiving an offer of employment. This ten-panel drug test does not include testing for THC (Marijuana). Applicants will be required to complete online paperwork authorizing the drug test and will be directed to choose a Quest Diagnostics facility convenient to them. Upon receipt of the results, a hiring decision will be made. A positive finding without an acceptable explanation may result in withdrawal of the offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Structured Nurse Training Program & VTS Mentorship Program
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists has developed a comprehensive training program that strives to accommodate for entry of all level nursing staff to the facility and encourage self-promotion. The program is overseen by a criticalist and a team of VTS and upper-level nurses who have a broad skill set a vested interest in making trainees successful. The overall goal is to develop a long term, well-rounded team of nurses while providing excellent patient care.
We have recently decided to complement our training program with a structured support program for nursing staff who wish to attain certification at the VTS level, which includes a mentor/mentee program for all approved active applicants.
We have two convenient locations.
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists is open for emergencies. We also proudly offer premier specialty veterinary care for your pet in close partnership with your referring veterinarian. Our specialists are board-certified in emergency & critical care, surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, and ophthalmology. Our hours are:
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
(For specialty appointments and Lobby is open to pick-up medication refills, schedule appointments, and answer any questions)
Fri: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm (FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY)
Sat & Sun: 7:00 am – 11:00 pm (FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY)